Warranty & Care
This post includes custom CSS styles. To copy these styles to a new post, or refresh the styles for this post, go to https://bit.ly/3j9ENC2 and copy the code into the post's HTML view.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
We are proud to provide a lifetime warranty on each and every one of our pieces, so you can rest assured that we will lovingly care for your Melanie Casey jewelry whenever it needs servicing. We stand by our work.
We will repair your jewelry whenever it needs repairing for as long as you own it.
Also, you can send your jewelry to us at any time for a free thorough cleaning and inspection to ensure it is sparkling beautifully and in top shape.
There are a few limitations to our warranty:
- Our warranty does not include the replacement of lost center/focal stones that are valued over $500. We recommend you obtain insurance for your piece for the unlikely event of a focal stone falling out or getting damaged.
- Many of our pieces feature one-of-a-kind stones. If these stones become damaged, we will do our best to replace it with a comparable stone, but color and type may vary, depending on what we have available.
- Our warranty does not cover opals or turquoise. They’re often irreplaceable, which means we can’t always replace them if these stones get damaged or lost. Opals are especially fragile. We recommend that you remove your opal jewelry before you bathe, exercise, cook, clean, or use any kind of household chemicals or beauty products. To clean opals, use a soft toothbrush, mild soap, and warm water. (Do not put them in an ultrasonic machine for cleaning.)
- Clients are responsible for shipping costs (to and from our studio) for cleanings, inspections, and repair work. Do you live outside of the U.S.? Please Note: You are responsible for import fees and customs charges in addition to shipping costs. Please check with your customs office about any fees that may be associated with having us repair your piece.
- All repair work is free within the first three years of ownership (except the replacement of focal stones that are valued over $500). After three years of ownership, we will charge a small labor fee and/or materials fee for your repair service.
- If you wear fine jewelry daily, a little wear and tear is normal. Our repair specialists will evaluate your piece. If you need repairs that go beyond what’s needed for normal wear and tear, we’ll let you know about the labor costs and material fees associated with your service.
- Please send your piece to us for repairs because we’re the most familiar with each design, and we’re specially trained to work with such delicate pieces. Please Note: The warranty is void if you take your piece to another jeweler for resizing or repair work.
If your Melanie Casey piece needs a repair, please fill out this form to pay for return shipping and ensure that it’s entered into our service schedule. Our highly skilled repair specialist will evaluate your piece and stay in open communication with you about the work that’s needed and any associated costs.
Feel free to reach out to us with any questions or if you need to pass on any additional information about the service you need. (You can find jewelry care tips below!)
We offer free appraisals for pieces valued at $1,000 (United States dollars) or more, if you plan to insure your Melanie Casey piece privately. You can request an appraisal at the point of purchase. Appraisal requests must be submitted within one year of the purchase date, or fees may apply.
To keep your jewelry in great condition, we recommend the following:
- Always remove your jewelry if it could be exposed to chemicals of any kind (including cleaning chemicals, lotions, most soaps, and makeup).
- Always remove your jewelry before sleeping, swimming, showering, exercising, heavy lifting, or doing outdoor work or gardening.
- Clean your jewelry regularly with warm water, gentle soap (we recommend blue dish soap), and a soft toothbrush.
- Opals are especially fragile. We recommend taking extra-special care of opals. Do not put them in an ultrasonic machine for cleaning. (Our warranty does not cover opals.)