We are always looking for talent! If you think you would be a great fit for the Melanie Casey team, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter explaining your unique qualifications.
Operations Specialist – Full Time
Do you hate to be bored at work? Would you thrive in a lively and energetic environment where your job was to organize all the chaos? We have the job for you!
Here are at Melanie Casey, we make all of our fine jewelry in-house, and we are seeking a full-time Operations Specialist. You will be at the center of it all, facilitating the communication between our jewelers, shipping department, customer service team, graphics department, photographer, and the customers themselves. Rush order? You’re on it, seeing it through to production and out the door a week in advance. Wrong address? No problem, you have reached out to the client to notify them that UPS is redirecting their package. Inventory nearly sold out? Don’t worry, you’ve already made sure those are in production and will be ready in no time!
You will be responsible for maintaining accurate inventory for finished products and raw materials, contacting customers and coordinating orders from start to finish. Your job will be to keep our product line and raw materials stocked, organized, in line, and in check!
The successful candidate will assist the Operations and Shipping teams as well as support general office needs. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Communicate clearly and effectively to all internal departments
- Oversee orders from order placement to production, through to final delivery, ensuring accuracy and efficiency as they advance through the process
- Organize finished orders for shipment
- Support in keeping our product line and raw materials stocked and organized
- Fill in for shipping department when needed
- Professionally email with clients about order and shipping changes
- Assist in maintaining the team calendar
- Organize, label, and file loose gemstones and diamonds
- Clean and prepare the showroom before and after appointments
- Greet clients during open showroom hours and appointments
- Sign for, open, and process returns and repair requests
- Generally keep production on track and running smoothly so our jewelers can focus on making jewelry
- General help where needed for things like taking out the trash, running the dishwasher and watering the plants
- Run errands as needed (note that this role may require some driving during the day)
This is a varied role that changes daily within a lively and energetic environment. To be a great candidate, you must demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful self-starter capable of working independently and in team settings
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Tech savvy with the ability to work in multiple databases at the same time
- A willingness to help wherever needed; no job is too big or too small
- A desire to contribute ideas and suggest best practices
- An interest in fine jewelry and e-commerce
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter with the following:
- First, introduce yourself!
- Why, specifically, are you applying for this position?
- What skills and abilities do you have that will be uniquely suited to this position? Share examples of how you have leveraged these successfully in a professional setting.
- What does it mean, to you, to be organized?
- Lastly, please submit a bulleted list of the top five items from this job description that you believe you will excel at most.
Based in our North Andover, Mass. manufacturing studio, this full-time position is 40 hours per week Monday through Friday with occasional Saturday overtime available. Pay rate will range based on experience.
A cover letter and updated resume are required to be considered for this position. To submit your resume and cover letter for consideration, email email@example.com.
Bench Jeweler - Full-Time, Goldsmith and Stone Setter
- Gold soldering
- Casting cleaning and polishing
- Stone setting: flush, bezel, prong
- Ability to undercut seats in challenging small settings.
- Ring resizing
- Professional experience as a bench jeweler is required
Our fine jewelry collection is entirely handmade here in our North Andover, Mass studio. We work in 14k gold and occasionally work with platinum. Training will be provided for our tricky and delicate product line. We believe in the benefits of technology and quality tools to produce the best possible quality of craftsmanship, so our jewelers have access to some of the best technology in the industry. We operate in a paperless environment with each jeweler working from their own dedicated iPad, and we are always looking to become more streamlined and productive.
Bench Jeweler - Full-Time, Entry Level
- Gold soldering
- Ring resizing
- Sprue removal
- Cleaning and polishing castings
- Willingness to learn and adapt to a fast-paced production environment
Bench Jeweler Apprenticeship - Full-Time
Bench Jeweler Apprenticeship
Do you possess a fine eye for detail and an immense amount of patience? If you have always wanted to be a bench jeweler but lack the education and training to make your dream a reality, Melanie Casey invites you to apply to be our Bench Jeweler. This is a paid position, with a year-long training commitment before the bench apprenticeship begins, in our studio in North Andover, Mass.
At the start of your work here, you will be our Wash Out Specialist, taking charge of cleaning the jewelry, maintaining our polishing and cleaning equipment, and working with our polishing machine, the Murua machine. This is a very challenging task, and most suited to someone with a lot of patience and attention to detail.
As you work for one year as the Wash Out Specialist, you will have access to all of our shop tools - including your very own bench. After hours, you are encouraged to explore the craft of fine jewelry making and refine your skills. You will also have access to the knowledge and many years of experience of our fine jewelers, including Melanie herself. You will be able to sit in on all quality control meetings and demonstrations in our studio. The goal is for you to learn, practice, ask questions, and refine your making skills until you are ready to move on from Wash Out Specialist and into a bench jeweler apprenticeship at the conclusion of the year. If we determine that you are ready, we will invite you to join the team as a full-time bench jeweler.
- You do not need to have any professional experience or education with jewelry. This is an opportunity to fast-track that process and learn.
- You must have a previous interest in jewelry making. If you have taken a class or two relating to jewelry or metal fabrication and know you love fussy, detailed work, this may be a great position for you. This is not a design job, and you will not be designing pieces - you will be learning how to make them.
- Knowledge of the skills required for jewelry making
- Extreme attention to detail
- Able to manage chaos
- Enjoy repetitive tasks
- Patient and able to manage demanding projects
- Able to handle chemicals and small parts in a safe and organized manner
- Responds well to constructive criticism
- Flexible and able to adapt to an ever-changing workflow
To start the application process, please answer the following questions and submit it along with a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be performing background checks on candidates, and will require one written recommendation during the second phase of the application process.
- What makes you interested in our Wash Out Specialist/Bench Jeweler Apprenticeship Program?
- What skills and abilities do you have that will be uniquely suited to this position?
- Please describe examples in your professional or personal life in which you exhibited patience, perseverance, and a drive for success.