Returns, Resizes, & Repairs
Returns & Exchanges
We accept returns and exchanges for every piece in our collection. Items must be returned in unworn condition within 14 days of receipt, and all paperwork (including the GIA certificate, if applicable) must be returned as well. After 14 days, all sales are final.
Since our designs are handcrafted, returns will incur a 10% restocking fee. This fee covers the labor required to resize and polish the returned piece. If the returned piece requires extensive cleaning or repair (or are in any other condition that prevents resale) we will charge a higher restocking fee, depending on the amount of repair work that’s required.
If you wish to exchange your piece, we will apply the full amount of your original purchase to a new purchase of equal or greater value. The new piece must be available to purchase at the time of the exchange (within 14 days of original purchase). The credit does not apply to future purchases, and the credit is limited to one exchange per piece.
Please contact us before you send your jewelry back, so we can be sure it arrives safely. Clients are responsible for return shipping costs, and we highly recommend that you insure your package—we are not responsible for items that get lost in the mail.
Additional Information About Returns:
- Our return and exchange policy is limited to the pieces in our regular collection. We often upgrade the diamond size or quality in our existing designs as special orders for our clients, and these pieces are always final sale.
- If you purchased your jewelry at a Melanie Casey authorized dealer, you must return it to that location.
- Sale pieces are not eligible for return or exchange.
- We will not refund shipping costs for returns. Shipping costs for any returns or services (including customs fees for international clients) are the buyer’s responsibility.
- To those who live outside the U.S.: If the mail carrier returns your package to us because you weren’t available or contactable at the time of delivery, you will receive a refund for your order minus the shipping fee, minus any associated import fees, and minus the restocking fee for the item(s) you ordered. (Please contact us if you need to change your delivery address.)
- To domestic buyers (i.e., those who live in the U.S.): If the mail carrier returns your package to us because you weren’t available or contactable at the time of delivery, you will receive a refund for your order minus the shipping fee and minus the restocking fee for the item(s) you ordered. (Please contact us if you need to change your delivery address.)
Please Note: If you chose the “Eternity Band” style option for your ring, resizing incurs a $100 fee (as opposed to our standard complimentary service). But we’ll automatically send you a Perfect Fit Ring Sizer for free so that we can all know exactly what you need. (You will be required to email us to confirm your ring size before we can begin production on your piece.)
Information About Repairs:
If you need a repair, please go here to fill out a form and submit your request. But before you do, here are some important details you should know about how we do repairs:
- Our repair specialists write up an intake form that notes the current condition of the piece and any repair work that’s required. We’ll always send you a copy of that intake form so we’re all on the same page.
- After that, we’ll immediately get started on any work that’s covered under the warranty (without bugging you for approval). That may include the following:
- Replacing or resetting stones
- Replacing the setting
- Prong work or replacement
- Replacing thinner areas of the band
- Resizing the ring
- Please let us know before you send us your piece if 1) you don’t want us to do any or part of the above warranty-related work, or 2) you’d prefer to review and approve the scope of the work before we get started.
- If work needs to be done that goes beyond what the warranty covers, we’ll let you know. You’ll have the ability to opt out of those repairs at that point if you want.
- Clients are responsible for shipping costs both ways.
- Our current timeline for repairs is 4-6 weeks from the time we receive your piece.
- NOTE: If your piece needs a new stone, we can’t guarantee the replacement of limited-edition or one-of-a-kind stones. In the rare case that the exact stone isn’t available, we’ll follow up with you and get your approval on an alternative that matches.
We understand that things happen and fine jewelry is delicate. There are things you can do to prevent common accidents: don’t clean, shower, sleep, exercise, or swim with your jewelry on. But don’t worry if something does happen. We offer a generous lifetime warranty on all of our pieces. We stand by our work, and we want to take care of you and your jewelry.