Returns, Resizing, & Repairs
This post includes custom CSS styles. To copy these styles to a new post, or refresh the styles for this post, go to https://bit.ly/3j9ENC2 and copy the code into the post's HTML view.
Returns & Exchanges
We will accept returns and exchanges on most pieces (see below for exceptions). Items must be returned in unworn condition within 14 days of receipt, and all paperwork (including the GIA certificate, if applicable) must be returned as well. After 14 days, all sales are final.
Since our designs are handcrafted, all returns will incur a 10% restocking fee. This fee covers the labor required to resize and polish the returned piece. If the returned piece requires extensive cleaning or repair (or are in any other condition that prevents resale) we will charge a higher restocking fee, depending on the amount of repair work that’s required.
If you wish to exchange your piece, we will apply the full amount of your original purchase to a new purchase of equal or greater value. The new piece must be in stock at the time of the exchange (within 14 days of original purchase). The credit does not apply to future purchases, and the credit is limited to one exchange per piece.
Please contact us before you send your jewelry back, so we can be sure it arrives safely. Clients are responsible for return shipping costs, and we highly recommend that you insure your package—we are not responsible for items lost in the mail.
Additional Information About Returns:
- Our return and exchange policy is limited to the pieces in our regular collection. We often upgrade the diamond size or quality in our existing designs as special orders for our clients, and these pieces are always final sale.
- If you purchased your jewelry at a Melanie Casey authorized dealer, you must return it to that location.
- Sale pieces are not eligible for return or exchange.
- We will not refund shipping costs for returns. Shipping costs for any returns or services (including customs fees for international clients) are the buyer’s responsibility.
- To those who live outside the U.S.: If the mail carrier returns your package to us because you weren’t available or contactable at the time of delivery, you will receive a refund for your order minus the shipping fee, minus any associated import fees, and minus the restocking fee for the item(s) you ordered. (Please contact us if you need to change your delivery address.)
- To domestic buyers (i.e., those who live in the U.S.): If the mail carrier returns your package to us because you weren’t available or contactable at the time of delivery, you will receive a refund for your order minus the shipping fee and minus the restocking fee for the item(s) you ordered. (Please contact us if you need to change your delivery address.)
Our current timeline for resizing requests is 10 to 12 weeks from the time we receive your ring.
Ring sizing is not universal. We strongly suggest that you capture your size with one of these tools before we resize your jewelry:
- The Perfect Fit Sizer—We highly recommend this tool. It’s a sterling silver sizer and the best way to ensure that your jewelry will fit perfectly on the first try. (When you’re done, you can return the Perfect Fit Sizer to us so we can recycle it, and we’ll refund you for the value of your sizer minus shipping.) Order your Perfect Fit sizer here: https://www.melaniecasey.com/products/perfect-fit-ring-sizer
- Free Plastic Sizer—This is a U.S. sizing belt that is great for finding your general measurement. Order a free sizer here: https://www.melaniecasey.com/products/plastic-ring-sizer
We only offer half sizes. If you would prefer a quarter size measurement, just email us and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
If your ring does not fit, we offer one free resize.
The client is responsible for shipping costs both ways (and for international clients that includes customs fees). We’re happy to offer resizing services, but to help our clients avoid having to wait for several weeks and pay shipping costs, we encourage everyone to take advantage of our sizers.
Our current timeline for repairs is 10 to 12 weeks from the time we receive your ring.
We understand that things happen and fine jewelry is delicate. But there are things you can do to prevent common accidents: don’t clean, shower, sleep, exercise, or swim with your jewelry on.
However, we stand by our work, and we want to take care of you and your jewelry. That’s why we offer a generous limited lifetime warranty on all of our pieces. If your jewelry requires a repair, please fill out this form and ship your ring back to us. Our clients are responsible for shipping costs both ways. If you aren’t sure if your repair is included in our warranty terms, please email us and our friendly team of client liaisons would be happy to help you determine the best next steps.
If your piece needs a repair, our repair specialist will evaluate it, and before we start working on it, you’ll receive a “Repair Intake Form” that details the current state of your jewelry and the repairs that we recommend.
If work needs to be done that goes beyond what the warranty covers, we’ll let you know. You’ll have the ability to opt out of those repairs at that point if you want. NOTE: We can’t guarantee the replacement of limited-edition or one-of-a-kind stones, but we’ll do our best to provide an alternative stone that matches.