Help - Returns, Resizing, and Repairs
Returns and Exchanges
We will accept returns and exchanges on most pieces (see below for exceptions). Items must be returned in unworn condition within 14 days of receipt, and all paperwork (including the GIA certificate, if applicable) MUST be returned as well. After 14 days, all sales are final.
Since our designs are crafted by hand, all returns will incur a 10% restocking fee. This fee covers the labor required to resize and polish the returned piece. Clients returning jewelry without the GIA certificate will be refunded less the restocking fee and less an additional $250 for a replacement certificate. If pieces are returned that require extensive cleaning or repair, or are otherwise unable to be resold, we will charge a higher restocking fee depending on the work required.
If you wish to exchange your piece, we will apply the full amount of your original purchase to a new purchase of equal or greater value. The new piece must be in stock at the time of the exchange (within 14 days of original purchase); credit does not apply to future purchases. Limited to one exchange per piece.
Please contact us prior to sending your jewelry back, so we can be sure it arrives safely. Clients are responsible for return shipping costs, and we highly recommend that you insure your package - we are not responsible for items lost in the mail.
- All customized jewelry is final sale. We will not accept returns on any customized piece, including those with upgraded diamonds.
- If you purchased your jewelry at a Melanie Casey authorized dealer, you must return it to that location.
- All Sale pieces are not eligible for return or exchange.
- Shipping will not be refunded for returns.
- Shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer for any returns or services, including customs fees for international clients.
- To international buyers (outside of the US): If your package is returned to us because you either were not able to be contacted at the time of delivery, you will receive a refund for your order LESS the shipping fee, LESS the import fee, and LESS the restocking fee for the item(s) you ordered. Please make sure to provide an accurate international shipping address.
- To domestic buyers (within the US): If your package is returned to us because you were not able to be contacted at the time of delivery, you will receive a refund for your order LESS the shipping fee and LESS the restocking fee for the item(s) you ordered. Please contact us if you need to change your delivery address.
Ring sizing is not universal, and we want your ring to fit correctly from the start! We offer two great sizing tools that we highly recommend using before we make your jewelry.
- Free plastic sizer - A plastic US sizing belt that is great for finding your general measurement. Request a free sizer here.
- Perfect Fit sizer - A Sterling silver sizer that is our most highly recommended tool to best ensure that your jewelry will fit perfectly on the first try. Order your Perfect Fit sizer here.
- Perfect Fit sizers can be returned to us to recycle, and we'll refund you for the value of your sizer(s) - less shipping
If your ring does not fit, we offer one free resize per order within the first 30 days of ownership. The client is responsible for shipping costs both ways. We will gladly resize your ring after the initial three month period, and more than once if necessary, but this will require an additional fee of $30 plus shipping. International clients are responsible for shipping and customs fees for resizing services, so we encourage all clients to utilize our sizers to avoid needing a resize!
If you have had your ring fewer than 30 days and would like to request a resize, please fill out this form. After 30 days or for subsequent resize requests, please fill out this form. If you purchased your ring from an authorized dealers and would like to request a resize, please fill out this form.
Our current timeline for resizing requests is 4-6 weeks from the time we receive your ring.
We understand that things happen and fine jewelry can be delicate. Please be sure to take care of your jewelry by not sleeping, showering, cleaning, exercising, or swimming while wearing it!
However, we stand by our work, which is why we offer a very generous limited lifetime warranty on all pieces. If your jewelry requires a repair, please fill out this form and ship your ring back to us. The client is responsible for shipping costs both ways. If you are not sure if your required repair falls within our warranty terms, please email us and we will help determine the best next steps.
Upon receipt your jewelry will be evaluated by our repair specialist, and you will receive a Repair Intake form detailing the current state of your jewelry and our recommended repairs prior to work being done. If additional work is suggested beyond what is covered by the warranty, you will be informed and have the ability to opt out of those repairs. Note that replacement of limited edition or one of a kind stones cannot be guaranteed, but we will do our best to provide a closely matched alternative.
Our current timeline for repairs is 4-6 weeks from the time we receive your ring.