Most of our pieces require 1-2 weeks for production time, to allow for sizing, polishing, and making sure your jewelry is perfect! Made-to-order pieces have their production time listed, which is usually 4-6 weeks.
If you have a specific deadline you need to meet, please contact us to let us know. We may request that you pay for upgraded shipping, and may not be able to accommodate all requests.
Limited Edition and Out of Stock Designs
We cannot guarantee availability for any of our designs. They sell out often, and we do our best to restock pieces as quickly as we can. We only produce a few of each limited edition design and cannot take special orders once they sell out.
Contact us to be added to a waiting list for any out of stock design. If we restock that piece or something similar, you will be the first to know!
At this time, we are *not* accepting custom design requests. We are unable to work with clients’ stones or recycled metal, and are unable to sell our designs without set stones. We do not offer engraving services or rhodium plating.
Ring Sizing and Metal Selection
Metal & Finish Options
- Our collection is handmade in solid 14k white gold, 14k yellow gold, 14k rose gold, and platinum only.
- Please note that our white gold is NOT rhodium plated and does contain nickel.
- Some select items are only available in one metal color. If your metal preference is not available, please email us to be added to the waitlist.
- All of our pieces are made with a bright, shiny, polished finished. If you would prefer a brushed matte finished, please email us at email@example.com as soon as you've placed your order.
Ring sizing is not universal. We offer two great sizing tools that we highly recommend using before we make your jewelry.
- Free plastic sizer - A plastic US sizing belt that is great for finding your general measurement. Order a free sizer here: https://www.melaniecasey.com/products/plastic-ring-sizer
- Perfect Fit sizer – A sterling silver sizer that is our highly recommended tool to best ensure that your jewelry will fit perfectly on the first try. Order your Perfect Fit sizer here: https://www.melaniecasey.com/products/perfect-fit-ring-sizer
- Perfect Fit sizers can be returned to us to recycle, and we’ll refund you for the value of your sizer(s) – less shipping.
- We only offer half sizes through our website at this time. If you would prefer a quarter size measurement, just email us and will do our best to accommodate!
Warranty and Care
We offer a 3 year warranty for your Melanie Casey jewelry. We will service your jewelry for free for up to 3 years of your purchase date. Some exclusions apply.
- If you have taken your Melanie Casey jewelry to another jeweler for service, this voids our warranty.
- Repair, resizing, and refinishing services are non-transferable. If services are requested by someone other than the original buyer, a fee will apply.
- No warranty is available on center stones valued over $500.
- Always contact us right away if your Melanie Casey jewelry becomes damaged.
- Our warranty applies to manufacturing issues, not normal wear and tear.
- We will resize your ring one time, without a service fee. Resize requests must be made within 3 months of order delivery. A resizing fee of $30 will apply if the request falls outside of these parameters.
- The buyer is responsible for shipping to and from our studio, including customs fees for international clients. Many countries do not require clients to pay VAT charges twice on the same piece of jewelry, but it is the client's responsibility to inquire with their customs office about this, and to pay any required fees.
- Repair requests can be submitted online: Jewelry Service Request
- No warranty is available on center stones with a replacement value over 500usd. If you plan to privately insure your ring, an appraisal can be requested at the time of purchase for no additional fee.
If you plan to privately insure your Melanie Casey jewelry, an appraisal can be requested at the time of your jewelry purchase for no additional fee. Appraisals are available for pieces valued at 1,000usd and up. An appraisal must be requested within one year of purchase date, or fees may apply.
To keep your jewelry in great condition, we recommend:
- Removing all jewelry before being exposed to chemicals of any kind (including cleaning chemicals, lotions, soaps and makeup), before swimming, showering, or exercising, before doing outdoor work or gardening, and before heavy lifting.
- Clean your jewelry regularly using warm water, gentle soap, and a soft toothbrush.
Returns, Resizing, and Repairs
We will accept returns on most pieces (see below for exceptions). Items must be returned in unworn condition within 30 days of receipt (with the exception of one of a kind pieces, which must be returned within 14 days), and all paperwork (including the GIA certificate, if applicable) MUST be returned as well. After 30 days (or 14 days for one of a kind pieces), all sales are final.
Since our designs are crafted by hand, all returns will incur a 30% restocking fee. This fee covers the labor required to resize and polish the returned piece. Clients returning jewelry without the GIA certificate will be refunded less the restocking fee and less an additional $200 for a replacement certificate.
Please contact us prior to sending your jewelry back, so we can be sure it arrives safely. Clients are responsible for return shipping costs, and we highly recommend that you insure your package - we are not responsible for items lost in the mail.
- All customized jewelry is final sale. We will not accept returns on any customized piece, including those with upgraded diamonds.
- One of a kind pieces must be returned within 14 days of receipt. After 14 days, one of a kind sales are final.
- If you purchased your jewelry at a Melanie Casey authorized dealer, you must return it to that location.
- Shipping will not be refunded for returns.
- Shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer for any returns or services, including customs fees for international clients.
- To international buyers (outside of the US): If your package is returned to us because you either were not able to be contacted at the time of delivery, you will receive a refund for your order LESS the shipping fee, LESS the import fee, and LESS the restocking fee for the item(s) you ordered. Please make sure to provide an accurate international shipping address.
- To domestic buyers (within the US): If your package is returned to us because you were not able to be contacted at the time of delivery, you will receive a refund for your order LESS the shipping fee and LESS the restocking fee for the item(s) you ordered. Please contact us if you need to change your delivery address.
Ring sizing is not universal, and we want your ring to fit correctly from the start! We offer two great sizing tools that we highly recommend using before we make your jewelry.
- Free plastic sizer - A plastic US sizing belt that is great for finding your general measurement. Request a free sizer here.
- Perfect Fit sizer - A Sterling silver sizer that is our most highly recommended tool to best ensure that your jewelry will fit perfectly on the first try. Order your Perfect Fit sizer here.
- Perfect Fit sizers can be returned to us to recycle, and we'll refund you for the value of your sizer(s) - less shipping
If your ring does not fit, we offer one free resize per order within the first 30 days of ownership. The client is responsible for shipping costs both ways. We will gladly resize your ring after the initial three month period, and more than once if necessary, but this will require an additional fee of $30 plus shipping. International clients are responsible for shipping and customs fees for resizing services, so we encourage all clients to utilize our sizers to avoid needing a resize!
If you have had your ring fewer than 30 days and would like to request a resize, please fill out this form. After 30 days or for subsequent resize requests, please fill out this form. If you purchased your ring from an authorized dealers and would like to request a resize, please fill out this form.
Our current timeline for resizing requests is 4-6 weeks from the time we receive your ring.
We understand that things happen and fine jewelry can be delicate. Please be sure to take care of your jewelry by not sleeping, showering, cleaning, exercising, or swimming while wearing it!
However, we stand by our work, which is why we offer a very generous three-year warranty on all pieces. If your jewelry requires a repair for manufacturing issues (our warranty does not cover normal wear and tear), please fill out this form and ship your ring back to us. The client is responsible for shipping costs both ways. If you are not sure if your required repair falls within our warranty terms, please email us and we will help determine the best next steps.
Upon receipt your jewelry will be evaluated by our repair specialist, and you will receive a Repair Intake form detailing the current state of your jewelry and our recommended repairs prior to work being done. If additional work is suggested beyond what is covered by the warranty, you will be informed and have the ability to opt out of those repairs. Note that replacement of limited edition or one of a kind stones cannot be guaranteed, but we will do our best to provide a closely matched alternative.
Our current timeline for repairs is 4-6 weeks from the time we receive your ring.
All mail can be sent to:
18 Red Spring Road, Suite 102
Andover, MA 01810
Please be sure to:
- Require a signature & fully insure your package
- Use a box or padded mailer for safe travels
- Indicate your name and order number clearly somewhere on/in the box
- For returns, be sure to include all original packaging
- Get a tracking number for your package
We require payment in full before production can begin and before jewelry can be shipped.
- Accepted forms of payment on melaniecasey.com: All major credit cards, as well as PayPal
- We do not accept wire transfers nor personal checks.
Canceling an Order
If you need to cancel your open order, please get in touch with us as soon as possible. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation requests must be requested within 48 hours of order placement. Our jewelers begin the sizing and polishing process as soon as your order is placed, so any cancellation requests after 48 hours will be considered a return and all return policies will apply.
- We will refund you in full for your canceled order, however deposits, rush fees, and partial payments are non-refundable.
Flexible Payments Over Time
- We are excited to be working with an independent financing company, Bread, to bring you a flexible payment option to pay over time. We've read all the fine print and found that Bread is very straightforward with great customer service and clear policies, and that's why we decided to work with them. Put simply, Bread allows clients to pay for their jewelry slowly over time instead of all at once. Interest will be charged, and late fees will apply. Your loan can be paid back early without penalty.
- At checkout, select Bread as your payment option, and you will be brought through the application process. Once you place your order using Bread, we will process your order and ship your jewelry without delay! Then, you will work directly with Bread to make monthly payments.
- Bread is available for US clients only.
Shipping and Packaging
We offer free domestic (US) shipping on all orders over $50. International clients are responsible for shipping costs and customs charges (see below).
- Domestic Orders (in the US)
Please be aware that an adult signature (21+) will be required upon delivery of your package if your total is over $50. In order to avoid any rerouting fees, please ensure you provide a shipping address where an adult will be present to sign for your package. Some of our customers choose to ship to their business address since they know that they, or another adult, will be present to sign for delivery. Purchases less than $50, including ring sizer purchases, do not require a signature for delivery.
All domestic orders are shipped UPS or USPS and are fully insured, door to door.
Should you need to reroute your UPS package or have it held for pickup at the nearest sorting facility, please contact us right away at email@example.com. Due to insurance restrictions, we at Melanie Casey will submit any delivery change request on your behalf to UPS. Note that you will need the tracking number along with a government-issued photo ID to collect your package from the sorting facility.
We will *not* ship to a hotel or to a non-permanent address.
To domestic buyers (within the U.S.): If your package is returned to us because you were not available to take delivery, you will receive a refund for your order LESS the shipping fee and LESS the 30% restocking fee for the item(s) you ordered. Please contact us if you need to change your delivery address.
- International Orders (outside the US)
We ship to a limited number of countries. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
All international packages are fully insured, door to door.
Many countries require VAT/import fees at customs before delivery can be completed. The buyer is solely responsible for payment of these customs fees. These orders will be shipped FedEx International, and customs and broker fees will be the client's responsibility upon delivery. Your customs office should be able to estimate these charges for you.
Please verify the accuracy of your shipping address. If your package is undeliverable because of an incorrect address, because you were not able to be contacted at the time of delivery, or because you do not pay the customs fee, it will be returned to us automatically. You will then receive a refund for your order LESS the shipping fee, LESS the import/customs fee, and LESS the restocking fee for the item(s) you purchased.
- **A note to our French customers: France places strict limitations on our international courier, FedEx. As a result, our French clients are responsible for securing their own separate customs broker to ensure delivery of their package. If you are unable or unwilling to secure a broker and your package is returned to us after the 5 days it is held in customs for you, we will issue a refund LESS the 30% restocking fee, LESS the cost of shipping both way, and LESS the import/customs fees incurred in France and the United States.
We will *not* ship to a hotel or to a non-permanent address.
Your Melanie Casey jewelry will be packaged securely for shipment.
A receipt will be included which references your order number and some order details, however, no pricing will be indicated.
Your jewelry will come gift-ready in a jewelry box or pouch, depending on the piece.
A serialized and artist-signed Melanie Casey Certificate of Authenticity will be issued for each piece of jewelry valued 100usd or higher.